Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Worry

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6:34
I admit it, I'm a worrier.  I don't like to think I am.  I don't like it that I am.  But, I'm confessing it here and now...I am a worrier.

Some things are more understandable to worry about than others....but at the same time, we're instructed, "Do NOT worry about tomorrow."  I don't think that really means we can worry about today, because Luke 12:25 says,
And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span?  

My intention when I sat down to write was to unload my worry onto all of you.  Get it out there and let someone else worry with me...maybe better than that, worry for me.  After reading those verses, I'm reminded there's no need to worry. 

Worry not only will it not add on any time to my life, but it will actually rob me of precious time.   If I'm sitting here thinking about what could happen if....  I'm not able to enjoy this moment I have right now.

So I think I'll toss that worry to the side and instead focus on this moment I have right now...and making the most of it I can.  I won't even disguise my worry as a prayer request!!  ....and I'll refuse the idea that my telling you there was something that caused me to worry about worrying will in and of itself cause you to worry!!  No need.

Thanks for letting me get (some of) my words out!

:D

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back my friend - I've missed ya! Great way to refocus those unGodly thoughts. He is always in control!

    ReplyDelete